Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Son Turns 30!

I've shared pics of my youngest son, Kory. But check out his big brother, Donnell who turned 30 years old today. Yes, I have a 30 year old!

I asked him, all the time knowing the answer, "Donnie, are you sure you're not 27 or 28 or 29...he said, "no, mom I'm 30."
Isn't he beautiful, all 6 ft 4 of him! He's always been tall and me being a petite, 5"2, we've become accustomed over the years to people asking us questions, (i.e. is he your natural son? how long have you guys beeen dating? etc.)...it just makes us laugh.

I'm a proud mom. I've raised two sons alone and they're both wonderful, strong and productive Black men. I can't ask for anymore than that.

Happy Birthday Donnie!!!! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jazzilocs said...

Helloooooooo Big Brother :)

Blaq you should be one proud, and may I add HOT, Mama!! That is one fine brother. I'm going to leave it at that... in the name of good taste, but he is handsome, sophisticated, and several flavors of yummy!!!!! Ummm Ummmm Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Right on for a strong black women raising beautiful black men.... I know it ain't easy

Maryee said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm yet still encouraged!!! A good man....is...

sisterlockedlondon said...

Congrats on raising a lovely son or two! It is extremely hard work and my journey continues!

Tra said...

Blaq having met one son and now seeing another it seems that you should have served the female population with a few more strong and HANDSOME men....two just aren't enuf (lol).

You done good girlfriend!!

Tra

BlaqKofi said...

Thank you all ladies for the kind comments. I shared them with Donnie. And the wonderful thing about him is that he's just a big ole teddy bear. Just a real kind and caring spirit and he luvs his mamma!

Ree-C said...

He is so handsome. Is he single. Just kidding. It is always good to hear of a strong black woman that has raised successful black men. It gives me hope that I can do a job well done alone. Very admirable.

Leighann said...

Okay, when is your seminar on raising strong, fine, upstanding black men! I don't blame you for being proud!!! I'm proud just knowing you!!!

brunsli said...

How do you have a thirty year old son and look like you do??

He's quite a handsome guy.

[Somehow I just saw this post for the first time today (4/14).]

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi