Friday, October 05, 2007

Blaq's Back from Vacation

Hey all you beautiful nubian queens! Miss me? Well I'm back from a great vacation. I feel good and I'm happy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got some sun, water and much needed relaxation. Unfortunately, I have a couple of stalkers, so I can't share with you where I went, but as you can see it was beautiful and serene.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My locks did great. I curled them tightly before I left with the old faithful Lottabody and slept in my flex-bend rollers (been a long time since I've done that). I didn't finger comb, but let the curls fall out each day. They lasted over a week and would have lasted longer had I not gotten in the water.

I'd pull them back with my B-Tie during activities and let them down at night for dinner. Such freedom to have Sisterlocks. No worries, no curling irons, no blow dryers, no packing products or covering my hair. Just total, liberated freedom!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 comments:

BlackButterfly said...

Looks like you had a great time. Your hair looks AMAZING!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Glad you had a great vacation. Looks like you had a catawampas time.

I'm continually grateful for having SLs, for the freedom they afford.

Sogolocs said...

Looks like you had a great time. I had the same experience on my vacation this past summer. It is nice to vacation without hair worries. The year before sisterlocks my hair was the biggest ordeal before and during vacation. I had a great time this past summer.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!! Beautiful scenic shots..

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Wherever you are it does seem peaceful. Looks like you really had a good time and your Sisterlocks are looking great. If you are in Texas I kinda regret my decision to stay here in Miami. I still want to move maybe I can talk my hubby into it one day. Anyways glad you you where able to enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

Blaq, welcome back. Love your blog and your spirt and your locks. Have to tell you that I showed my 83 year old mom, who has been enjoying the look of my developing sisterlocks, your website last weekend and she has decided to get sisterlocks after a lifetime of covering her natural hair with a wig. This is so huge for her and I thank you and your mom for your roles in helping her to take this step.

Have to say though in response to the Hummer pictures, since surely your apparent choice of wheels may influence others, that I think it would be fair to point readers in the direction of other infomation about the vehicles:

http://www.codepink4peace.org/article.php?list=type&type=25

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/Green_Car_News/Prius_Versus_HUMMER_Exploding_the_Myth.S196.A12220.html?pg=1

Be well,

Anet

Anonymous said...

Could you tell me more about your flex bend rollers and how you set your hair before vacation?

Thanks, from a Sisterlocks newbie.

Anonymous said...

Blaq, You sure do look relaxed. Youa hair is gorgeous as always.

Ms Stella said...

Beautiful locks as always. I can't wait to take mine on vacation!

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi