Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting to Happy

Enjoying a rare Saturday afternoon to myself.  It's a gorgeous day - the sun is shining - a perfect 75 degrees and I feel good.  About to settle down with a glass of wine and my favorite author, Terry McMillan.  Last night I purchased Getting To Happy her sequel to Waiting to Exhale.  I'm anxious to see what Bernadine, Gloria, Savannah and Robin have been up to for the past 15 years.  Can you believe it's been that long since they entered our lives and forever changed African American literature.

I remember reading Waiting to Exhale for the first time. I couldn't put it down.  It was like chillin' with my home girls.  I had never connected culturally with a book on this level before and the WTE soundtrack is still da bomb.  McMillan immediately became one of my favorite authors.  I support her by purchasing everything she writes to add to my library collection.  I'm happy to see her rebound - hopefully - she's Getting to Happy as well.  Isn't that what we all seek?



BlaqKofi
Certified Sisterlocks Consultant
Professional Life Coach &
Motivational Speaker

Sisterlocks:  Week old bendable curler set.  Mist locks with water, roll, sleep in rollers over night. Pull into a high pony each night before bed.  Mornings, take down, finger comb and go!  Click photos for greater detail.  I took this shot today with my remote, so chopped off some of my head, but you get the idea...I'm still lovin' my Sisterlocks!

3 comments:

Charizma00! Braidlocks and More said...

Hair is lovely, I finished it in about a week. Made we want to reread the first book, quite interesting how everyone turned out. Hope you enjoy it!

Sogolocs said...

Does pulling up into a ponytail help the curls hold ? My curls tend to fall once I sleep on them. I will have to try this and see if this helps. Thanks for the info

Gingerbread Cookie Recipes said...

Good blog post

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi