Sunday, November 13, 2005

My Tribute To Rosa Parks



For years I have had a framed poster of Rosa Parks
sitting on that
Montgomery, Alabama bus prominently displayed
in every office I've worked.
I always placed it so that anyone entering my office couldn't help
but see it and read the following caption:

"Our thanks to a woman who refused
to stand for what she believed in."

As one, if not the only African-Americans in my work place,
that poster gave me strength
while sending a strong message to my co-workers.
It remains prominently displayed in my office to this day.

Her courage to face 1955 segregated America
continues to give me strength in 2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted this on your blog. It has once again reminded me of the things I take for granted daily.

Tra

Maryee said...

Thanks for sharing!

Maryee

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi