Sunday, November 26, 2006

Layered Locks & Light Bulbs





I've always been frustrated that not all sections of my hair are the same length. I always wanted my hair to "hang." My consultant, GiGi explained that my hair will never be the same length all over because of it's natural pattern. She shared that I have naturally layered hair, much like the Sisterlocks model in this photo (Click photo for greater detail.)

Looking back at early photos it's clear that my hair is much longer on the top than the back and sides (see Afro picture). Even after the "big chop" it grew back the same way. The light bulb is finally on and I've learned something new about my natural tresses. My layers are a good thing!

6 comments:

CloudNine said...

You are wearin' that Afro! When I had my Afro my hair grew in a pattern very similar to this picture. Do you have one solid curl pattern throughout or many? ( I have a tighter curl pattern on the sides and straight pattern at the crown and nap)

Goodnapps said...

I couldn't agree more with this post. All the compliments I get on my hair I always attribute it to the way my hair is so naturally layered. What a light bulb experience indeed it has been for me too!

BlaqKofi said...

C9 & GN, thanks for the comments. C9 - I'm not sure about the various textures of hair on my head. Now, I'm curious. I'll ask my consultant when I go for my next retightening.

GN - Glad to know that I'm not alone. I know it seems simple, but until you come the realization...The more I learn about my locks and natural hair, the more I learn about me.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I noticed that my hair isn't even all over either. However I have come to accept that because I like the layered look( It looks really good on you) and I'm sure I will really appreciate it once my hair grows out to notice it!

BlaqKofi said...

SL'd yeah, that's what I mean by the "light bulb came on." My layers are a good thing!

brunsli said...

I love your huge afro! And your teeny weeny afro too. :)

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi