Thursday, June 09, 2005

My Consultant


My Consultant,
Gretchel Johnson


I found her through the Sisterlocks Web site consultant page. It's important to select a certified consultant and one that you feel comfortable with. Afterall, you are going to spend between 10-16 hours with this person during your initial locking session. And he or she will help maintain your locks going forward. Regular lock maintenance is the key to a beautiful head of locks. So you better feel comfortable with this person.

I contacted the four or five consultants listed in my area and interviewed them by phone. Two of them had been trained or locked by Gretchel. I decided to go with the best and most experienced. I made the right decision.

We worked from 8 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., took 30 minutes for lunch and started back at 12 noon. By 5 o'clock my head was almost finished. We had scheduled two days to be on the safe side. So Gretchel braided the unlocked portion and told me to be back at 8:30 a.m. the next morning.

I will admit I was feeling a little uncertain, but knew what to expect from my research and the Yahoo Lock It Up Group.

And the journey continues...

No comments:

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi