Friday, February 10, 2006

A Big Sisterlocks Surprise!

Our next Sisterlocks gather is only a week away. I'm so anxious to see my fellow Sisterlockers and meet some new friends. Someone brings a friend or invites a friend and each gathering has grown larger and larger.

Once you're in the presence of these vibrant, intelligent, optimistic and talented women - feel their positive energy and spirit you know you've come home. You begin anticipating the next opportunity to be in such a positive environment. Come once and you're hooked.

In honor of Black History Month Karen has requested everyone bring a Soul Food dish. I'm bringing collard greens and cornbread and A BIG SISTERLOCKS SURPRISE! And I mean, big! You won't want to miss this gathering.

I have already received emails from my fellow Sisterlockers after yesterday's posting. I can't tell you how good it has made me feel and how my spirit has been lifted.
Thank you all for being such beautiful and supportive friends. There is something special about the spirit of a locked sistuh. We share a common bond and it shines through every time.

Maya said it this way...

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
and the palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me...

From Maya Angelou's Phenomenal Woman
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

This nice everytime I read your blog I get a positive energy from you I love reading your blog Keep the faith

Goodnapps said...

Gosh, you ladies are having so much fun and positive spirit with your gatherings. If I'm in the DFW area any time soon, I'll definitely have to look you ladies up.

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi