Saturday, June 06, 2009

Introducing....

I'm proud to introduce my second and third full install clients. Both are beautiful spirits - inside and out. Please join me in welcoming them to the Sisterlocks family.
Client #2


Client No. 2 has some breakage and sparceness along the front hairline. I'm confident it will grow and fill in with time. In the meantime, she's purchased lots of funky, cute and fun headbands to wear. I spritzed her completed locks with water and rolled them on SoftSpiker curlers to add volume. I allowed her locks to air dry while we discussed washing techniques, banding and braiding and lock care. I removed the SS, finger combed and added her headband for a finished look.
Client #3


Client No. 3 had 8 inches of all natural, beautiful hair. It was a real treat to install her locks. After completing the front sections of her hair, I spritzed with water, braided and left in place while I locked the back sections. I then spritzed and braided the back sections. Her hair air dryed while we dicussed lock care, washing, banding and braiding. I took the braids down, spritzed her ends lightly with water, rolled them on SoftSpike curlers and sat her under the dryer for 30 minutes. This gave her a crinkly, curly look with volume which she loved.


I preferred using the Soft Spike curlers rather than heat on both of their completed locks. Their hair was soft, absorbed water quickly and I knew it would dry quickly. Using the Soft Spikes gave them a style that would last for several days as they became acquainted with their natural freedom.

Blaq's on her way to certification y'all! Look forward to my upcoming 4 year lockversary post next week.


Click any photo for greater detail.

12 comments:

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

Congrats,

I am so happy for you!

DJay said...

All of your work looks so wonderful & I enjoy viewing your site very much. Keep up the great work and definitely keep your great attitude. DJay

The Real Nique said...

Their hair looks for nice! Keep u the good work! Since you are doing sisterlocks now, have you started doing your own hair?

JUST Euphoria said...

great job before long you will be a master SLC in your area your work is neat and you can tell you put a lot of pride in your work

Carmennc said...

You're doing a fantastic job!

Felicia said...

Your passion for natural hair shines through on your installs. Your attention to precise partings is awesome!!! I remember reading on one of your past blogs where you said that wished that you liked doing hair. This is proof that if opportunity presents itself to do something that you are passionate about, you will KNOW how to do it, because you already love it. Congratulations!!!

z said...

You did a very good job!

CaribSun said...

Very good work. Your partings are so neat!!

Trina said...

Blaqkofi, girl you better work those installs out. Fabulous work! June 30th is right around the corner and I know you can make it.

Anonymous said...

They both look wonderful!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Client 3 looks just like someone's daughter whom I used to know! So good to see her.

Namaste,

LL

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi