Sunday, February 21, 2010

Simple & Economical Maintenance Tools

Check out some of my favorite, simple and economical maintenance tools. My beautiful granddaughter suggested that I allow her to dry my Sisterlocks.  But, here are some other ideas you may want to try.


Nail Scrub Brush - Cost $1.  You've seen it and used it, I'm sure at the nail salon.  But for Sisterlocks?  Yes!  I use it to smooth those pesky fine hairline hairs. I run water over the small brush and gently smooth my hairline for a nice manicured look.

 
Shower Cap - Cost $1+ - WalMart.  How do I maintain my styles and sets?  I shower in this shower cap which is large and sturdy enough to hold all of my Sisterlocks. 


Soc - $2.99 - During my first 4 lock years, I rarely covered my hair at night. Of late, I've begun to use this  "budget" loc soc that I discovered either at Wal-Mart or the local corner hair supply store.  It protects my locks from lint and other debris, protects them from friction as I sleep and prevents me from rolling over on them and pulling during the night. The soc also helps the fine hairline hairs to lay flat.


Simple and economical. Because it's natural to be natural!


BlaqKofi
Certified Sisterlocks Consultant

6 comments:

new2locs said...

Your granddaughter is precious & she's serious about working on your hair isn't she?

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

She is too cute. You have great finds. I used to sleep in my shower cap as well until I found those satin bonnets, however my shower cap has a satin lining on the inside, which is an extra bonus.But I can't remember where I got it from. Oh and the budget friendly lock sock is also sold in Walmart now, I think they are lot better than those sold on the internet because you can make it tight or loose as you want, they are not so tight like the ones sold on the internet.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am loving your blog. I was in Coscto today and saw this black woman and had to tell her how fab her hair looked. She told me about Sister locks. A year ago next week, I had a head full of natural hair. Today, I have short, breaking, uneven relaxed hair. I have had enough with relaxing my hair. I had always intended to dread lock my hair but I hadn't planned on doing it so soon and then I thought why not just do it. I so wish now that I had my head of natural hair right now but never mind. As soon as I have enough natural hair growth I will be consulting someone about Sisterlocks. I am so excited. I just need to find someone who does it in Portland Oregon!
Lola

Ro said...

Your granddaughter is so cute. Thank you for all the tips you post, very imformative. Blessings to you and yours!

brunsli said...

You look fantastic Blaq!

Your granddaughter is a real cutie -- I think she gets it from you!

I am having lock envy looking at your photos -- wishing I hadn't cut mine!

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous
I got my locks from LOCK LOFT - Kimberly Adams - Certified Sisterlocks™ Consultant

You will be able to find her on the internet. She is great, professional - and the only Certified Sisterlocks consult in OR

Photo Copyrights

Please do not copy or print photos from this blog without my express permission.

BlaqKofi